At Mainland High School, our student techs are tasked with the same duties as the User Support Analyst’s to perform physical connection, hardware repair, and software requests when needed on your equipment. This allows our student techs to have a real-life, hands-on experience, one that cannot be replicated in a classroom setting. I expect all of our student techs to be professional and courteous when assisting you in the classroom.
That being said we are providing a lab environment for our students to repair our equipment, please do not email me directly. We have no tracking with emails and our primary job is to train the students to communicate, research, and troubleshoot independently. Students do not monitor my email for service tickets and help needs.
New for the 2016-17 school year! Technology Empowerment Center
The Technology Empowerment Center is a student-staffed help desk, training, and repair center. Walk-ins are encouraged with mobile devices and laptops. Items that need a classroom visit will require a service request for scheduling a repair visit. The goal of the program is to provide a real world help desk experience to our students in the IT and Cisco Networking programs.
Hours of Operation:
- Open Periods 1-7
- Closed during Lab
- Assistance in filling out technology service requests
- Installation of printers
- Walk in repair of laptops and iPads
- Assistance with using VCS Password Manager
- Software and Hardware Trainings announced throughout the year, see monthly calendars for information.
- Replacement of small parts (mice, keyboards, speakers, and cables)
I will from time to time send out surveys on your experience. This is a student run enterprise if you have an immediate concern or praise please reach out to me via email. This allows me to respond appropriately and timely.
To place a technology service request:
- Place the request from the Tech Support Portal link on the bottom of the VCS Website.
- You can call 20000 and speak with the Technical Help Desk, they will assist with placing the work order.
- You can stop in at the Technology Empowerment Center